Watching the debates tonight? Why not really get to know the candidate and dine Sarah Palin style?
My crafty contact M. in the Bay area used Google’s 10th anniversary index yesterday to check around for what the potential Republican veep was cooking up a decade ago.
SWEET AND SAUCY GRILLED SALMON
Recipe by Alaska Fisherman Sarah Palin
* 1 can (12 oz.) tomato sauce
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/4 cup molases
* 3 tbsp. ketchup
* 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
* 2 tbsp. dried minced onion
* 1 tbsp. Worcestershure sauce
* 1 tbsp. mustard
* 1 tbsp. dried bell pepper dices
* 1/4 tsp. each cinnamon and nutmeg
* 4 to 6 Alaska salmon fillets or steaks (4 to 6 oz. each)
Blend all ingredients, except seafood, in bowl; let set 10 to 15 minutes. Dip seafood into sauce, then place on hot oiled grill, not directly over heat source (coals or gas). Cover and vent. Cook about 6 to 12 minutes per inch of thickness, brushing with extra sauce, if desired. Do not overcook or burn edges.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Also great with Alaska halibut or cod!
Has anyone tried this one?
Maybe a person could pair it with the neglected Palin Syrah?
It’s a bummer we don’t have a Biden recipe to go with it. Maybe a Biden cocktail is in order. Or Biden biscotti. Or maybe Biden brownies for dessert.